YMCA SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE (SACC)
As the largest provider of before and after school programs in Stephenson County, your YMCA provides family-centered, values-based programs to nurture children’s healthy development
OUR PROMISE TO FAMILIES:
- Specially trained adult supervisors
- Ongoing training required
- Background checked
- CPR trained and certified
- There is one staff member for every 12-15 children with a minimum of two staff at each location.
- Arts and crafts
- Service Learning and character development
- Science and technology
- Health and fitness
- Homework tutoring
On-site before and after school child care is available mornings from 6:30 a.m. and after school until 6:00 p.m. Services are offered at each FSD 145 elementary school. Carl Sandburg and FMS child care is provided at the YMCA with bus transportation provided by FSD transportation. You may enroll your child for as few as three days and up to 5 days per week, before and/or after school.
SACC SITES AVAILABLE:
- All Freeport Public Elementary Schools
- Freeport Middle School @ the YMCA
- Carl Sandburg @ the YMCA
- Eastland Elementary – Shannon, IL
Financial Assistance Statement
The YMCA’s policy is that no person will be turned away because of lack of funds. If you know of anyone who would benefit from a YMCA membership or program, but does not have the needed funds, please contact our professional staff. Financial assistance and scholarships are obtained through a simple and confidential application process.