Make A Difference
- Impact your community with your role
- Build a better future for yourself and for kids, families and your community
- Work with people who thrive in a values-based environment of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Part-time, flexible positions
- Regularly scheduled employees receive a complimentary Y membership and discounts on Y classes
Positions Available - Click on each link to see full job descriptions.
- Lifeguard (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Lifeguard.pdf) – A YMCA lifeguard monitors pool activities and ensures member safety. Lifeguards need to possess knowledge of rescue procedures and emergency medical procedures.
- Swim Instructors (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Swim-Instructor-Y.pdf) – Swim instructors are responsible for planning, coordinating, and instructing swimming and rescue skills to children or adults within group or private swim lessons.
- Child Watch (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Child-Watch-job-description.docx) – The Child Watch Staff is responsible for providing a safe, supervised play environment for the children of YMCA members while the parent(s) or guardian is on the premises.
- Group Fitness Instructors (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Group-Exercise-Instructor.pdf) – The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for leading group fitness classes. Must have and apply knowledge of proper body mechanics and exercise safety.
- Youth Sports Referee/Instructor (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Youth-Sports-Referees.pdf) – The Instructor/referees will assist lead instructor/coaches in practices, referee games, and help implement character development in sports.
Silver Sneakers Instructor – (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Group-Exercise-Instructor-No-Signature.pdf) – The Silver Sneakers Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for leading Silver Sneaker fitness classes. Must be willing to become Silver Sneakers certified within 6 months of employment.
To submit your application, please drop off your application at the YMCA’s front desk!