Make A Difference
- Impact your community with your role
- Build a better future for yourself and for kids, families and your community
- Work with people who thrive in a values-based environment of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Part-time, flexible positions
- Regularly scheduled employees receive a complimentary Y membership and discounts on Y classes
Positions Available - Click on each link to see full job descriptions.
- Lifeguard (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Lifeguard.pdf) – A YMCA lifeguard monitors pool activities and ensures member safety. Lifeguards need to possess knowledge of rescue procedures and emergency medical procedures.
- Swim Instructors (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Swim-Instructor-Y.pdf) – Swim instructors are responsible for planning, coordinating, and instructing swimming and rescue skills to children or adults within group or private swim lessons.
- Child Watch (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Child-Watch-job-description.pdf) – The Child Watch Staff is responsible for providing a safe, supervised play environment for the children of YMCA members while the parent(s) or guardian is on the premises.
- Building Supervisor (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Building-Supervisor-job-description.pdf) – A building supervisor is responsible for supporting the Welcome Center staff and helping to maintain a safe environment for all YMCA members and guests.
- Group Fitness Instructors (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Group-Exercise-Instructor.pdf) – The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for leading group fitness classes. Must have and apply knowledge of proper body mechanics and exercise safety.
- School Aged Child Care Staff (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/SACC-Staff.pdf) – the School Age Staff is responsible for the effective operations of the Licensed School Age Child Care site.
- Youth Sports Referee/Instructor (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Youth-Sports-Referees.pdf) – The Instructor/referees will assist lead instructor/coaches in practices, referee games, and help implement character development in sports.
- Water Fitness Instructor (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Water-Exercise-Instructor.pdf) – Water Exercise Instructor is responsible for leading group fitness classes in the pool.
- Youth Sports Coordinator – (https://freeportymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Youth-Sports-Coordinator.pdf)
The Youth Sports Coordinator will focus on program quality and delivery of services for children, parents, and adults that focuses on YMCA values.
To submit your application, please drop off your application at the YMCA’s front desk!