Child Watch is a free service for Y members and guests to use while working out in the facility for a maximum of 2 hours per child watch shift.
At the YMCA we understand that parenting is a full-time job. With our Child Watch service made available to our members for free, we make it possible to fit in a workout and rest assured that your child is in safe hands. The YMCA employs competent and caring staff that exhibit personal qualities of friendliness and the ability to relate openly with children and their parents. All staff members are certified in Infant/Child CPR. Our trained, caring staff provide quality care in a clean, safe environment.
Child Watch Information
- Parents must sign their children in and out of Child Watch to use this free service.
- Child Watch does not offer a supervised snack time. Please keep this in mind when adhering to our simple snack policy.
- Child Watch staff do not change diapers, but will find you in the facility if your child needs changing.
- Please alert staff if your child has a severe allergy and may need an EpiPen or other emergency intervention.
Child Watch Hours *See Facebook for cancelations.
Ages: 3 months - 10 years
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 8:30 am – 11:00 am
- Tuesday, Thursday 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
In order to keep a clean and healthy environment we ask that you do not bring your child to the Y if he or she is sick or displaying any signs of illness. If your child is too sick to attend daycare or school, please do not bring him/her to the Child Watch.
Children with the following symptoms are not allowed in the Child Watch:
- Fever 100 degrees or more
- Undiagnosed rash
- Vomiting occurrence within the past 24 hours
- Red eyes accompanied by pus thick, green or yellow nasal drainage
- Excessive, forceful cough
- Started antibiotics within the past 24 hours
- Paleness, excessive sleepiness or irritability
If your child becomes ill while in the Child Watch, you will be asked to take him/her home.
If your child contracts a contagious illness, such as pink eye or head lice, please inform Child Watch staff immediately.
We will alert families that an outbreak has occurred. Child Watch has the right to turn away sick children.
Please respect the judgment of Child Watch staff. Child Watch staff cannot administer medication.