WE GET IT!
One of the biggest challenges for our communities today is the increased cost of living AND the additional burden many face, so we offer Financial Assistance.
We believe that every family and individual deserves the opportunity to enjoy the YMCA and connect with their community again.
We use a sliding fee scale based on total household income and the number of household members. We require supporting documentation to verify household size and income and consider special circumstances when providing assistance. Eligible recipients are expected to be responsible for a percentage of the membership cost. Qualification for YMCA financial assistance for membership is reviewed and determined individually.
The YMCA strives to make our programs and membership available to all who will benefit from them, regardless of their ability to pay. All financial assistance is granted on a sliding scale based on income and need. All information is kept confidential.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Download a financial assistance application.
- Complete the online form here, and email a copy of the required supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Return the application and required documents to your YMCA.
Submit your completed Financial Assistance Application with the following: *Applications received without proper supporting documents cannot be processed.
- Current year’s Federal Tax Return (Form 1040 pages 1 and 2 only; or 1040EZ
- Copies of your last two paycheck stubs OR a letter from your employer stating your annual salary
- Copies of any supporting documentation listed in the above annual salary line items
- A separate sheet indicating why you are applying for financial assistance.
YMCA financial assistance will be awarded on the available resources of the Association, obtained through a confidential application process. Stop by the Welcome Desk to pick up an application, or click here for the printable form. Check out our website for rates and membership categories.