Youth Sports Volunteers NEEDED!
The Family YMCA of Northwest Illinois that serves Freeport, IL, and beyond is seeking qualified youth sports coaches. Our youth sports program is open for children from Pre-K – 5th grade. We offer soccer, football, basketball, volleyball, and cheerleading. You can stop by the welcome desk at the YMCA to pick up a volunteer application!
Learn more about our Youth Sports program on our website here: https://freeportymca.org/youth-programs/
YMCA Youth Sports Philosophy:
1. Participation – Everyone plays!
2. Fun – We play to have fun!
3. Fitness – Regular exercise is important for a lifetime!
4. Skills – We learn fundamentals that help us play the game.
5. Teamwork – We focus on cooperation, not competition!
6. Fair play – We respect all involved, other players, coaches, parents, and officials.
7. Family Involvement – Youth sports is a family program. Parents and kids learn and practice together.
8. Volunteers – They are the key to a successful program.
9. Character Development – Emphasis on Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.